rgmaster3
Capitaine de navire (Admin)
Capitaine de navire (Admin)
A remercié : 4752 fois
A été remercié : 42220 fois

Installation caméra de recul sur Hyundai Creta - Tutoriel en anglais

Message par rgmaster3 » dim. 18 nov. 2018 23:57

Thanks to the moderator sido-cool

There were rumours around the connection of reverse camera to 5" oem head unit of Hyundai Creta. When taking delivery, I enquired this to my dealership and they denied it and confirmed that its impossible. Instead, they offered the solution to fix the camera on bumper and a separate 7" display or adding a rear view mirror with reverse camera display. Estimate was around 9,000/- and they were ready to offer some discount as well. But I was not interested in drilling a hole on the bumper. From that time, I was searching everywhere about the possibility of adding reverse camera input on my oem 5” head unit. Saw a video on youtube and confirmed that it works. My next task was to identify the pin out and connection diagram. Finally I got the pin out and diagram from one of the Hyundai forums. The 5” head unit is used on other models also.

Items required.
1. Jumper cables or “Car RCA Into 16 Pin Interface Adapter Cable” available at aliexpress, but very costly! Link
2. Pry tools
3. Reverse Camera
4. Tags to keep everything in place.

Cost
600INR for camera plus a half day. If Jumper cables are used instead of the connector, they will cost only around 100 including them and VGA connector.

Removal of head unit face plate

This is very important - To avoid damage to the dash board, keep a thick paper or stick tape around the head unit and start the prying process. Else you will end up with the beige coating on dash board damaged. You need to apply some pressure to get the faceplate removed. Start from the lower middle part and move sideways and finally top. Once the faceplate is removed, don’t pull it apart. You have to unlock and remove the connector of digital clock. Once it is removed, you can start unscrewing the head unit. Once the screws are unscrewed, slowly pull the head unit. No need to take out the head unit completely to fix the new connector. If you need to take out the head unit completely, remove the wiring harness and antennae connector from the back side of head unit.

Removing the faceplate

Removing the connector of digital clock

Contenu caché
Vous devez être inscrit et connecté sur ce forum pour voir le contenu caché.

Removing the screws of head unit for taking it out

Connector
The connector is called “Car RCA Into 16 Pin Interface Adapter Cable” and Hyundai ASC had no clue about this connector. This connector is also called Connector C, as per the component documentaiton. I purchased it from aliexpress. This is a 16 pin connector, and we will be using Pin 3 as the camera ground, 4 as the Camera video input and 12 as the camera input trigger,which is the positive voltage line from reverse lamp. In case of unavailability, you can use jumper cables also. Jumper cables are very economical.

Car RCA Into 16 Pin Interface Adapter Cable

Contenu caché

Connector view

Contenu caché

Jumper cables, which you can use as an alternative

Contenu caché

Connector Pin out

Contenu caché

Adaptor cable Connection and testing
Before wiring everything, I need to make sure that the setup works. For that, I connected the Adapter Cable to the back of the head unit and the reverse camera to the other end of the Adapter Cable. You can trigger the camera input with a +ve supply. I checked the camera using the positive terminal from lighter socket and it worked! Now its time to fix the reverse camera and wiring. Decided to do the wiring first and if the wiring is successfully done, I can drill a hole and fix the camera.

Back side of head unit, where the connectors should go. You can see the extra connector on left

This is the adapter cable connected to the VGA cable

Contenu caché

Adapter cable connected to the head unit

Contenu caché

Wiring
Ensure the Adapter Cable is in place and it’s time to put back the head unit. Once the head unit is screwed back, we can start the cabling. There is a cable already going to the back from dashboard through the left pillars and landing at tail gate through c pillar. Follow the path and you need to remove the plastic trim on a pillar, then the left roof till the tail gate. Remove the grab handles on left passenger side and co passenger sides. Take extreme care when removing the under roof part, as it can easily get folded like a paper carton. I never thought the quality was this much low. Once you reach the back, you can see the cable pass through a rubber cover to the tail gate. You can use the same cover to wire the cable to the tail gate, so that it looks like a factory finish

Follow this path. There is a cable already going thorough this path and you won't find it difficult to follow.

Wire through this rubber covering

Contenu caché

Wired through it and fixed it back. Looks not tampered at all.

Fixing the camera
Remove the plastic trim from the tailgate. Before removing the panel, make sure to detach the boot unlock switch. Once the panel is removed, drill a small hole and fix the camera. Align the camera as per your requirement. Connect the camera to the cable we wired from the head unit. Once the camera is connected, we have one wire left, which is the camera input trigger. We need to connect it to the positive terminal of reverse lamp.

Camera trigger
Reverse lamp had 2 blue wires and it was connected to a connector. The blue wires was joined with one light green and black wire. To ensure the polarity, I used a multi meter and found that the light green wire is the positive terminal and it is the wire we need to trigger the camera input. No wire splice or scotch connector was used in my case. I simply spliced the camera trigger wire and inserted it to the green wired connector and plugged it back. There is a dark green wire also in the connector. Don't get mistaked.

The camera trigger was connected to this

Contenu caché

Final testing
Now everything is in place and I double checked the installation. Switched on the head unit and put the gear to reverse. I could see the rear image on head unit screen. Mission Success!

Camera fixed

Long view

:405:
Comment s'inscrire et prendre un abonnement?
How to register and take a subscription?
1.Comment s'inscrire sur le forum? / 1.How to register on the forum?
Image viewtopic.php?f=77&t=296
2.Comment prendre un compte premium? / 2.How To Take premium account?
Image viewtopic.php?f=77&t=1294
3.Comment rechercher sur le forum? / 3.How to search for the forum?
Image viewtopic.php?f=224&t=14788
4.Comment demander le lien de téléchargement et comment le recevoir par messagerie privée?
4.How to get the download link and how to receive it by private messaging?
Image viewtopic.php?f=222&t=9976

Compte d'abonnement
Subscription account
* Si votre compte donateur n'est pas activé! Contactez-nous par le formulaire de contact ci-dessous
* If your donor account is not activated! Contact us by the contact form below
Nous contacter / Contact us
Image memberlist.php?mode=contactadmin

Réglementation du téléchargement
Download rules
Image viewtopic.php?f=222&t=9976
* Remerciez l'auteur et notez positivement pour chaque application s'il vous plait.
* Deux téléchargements autorisés par jour.
* 15 téléchargements maximum, y compris trois packs (logiciels ou documents PDF).

* Thank the author and note positively for each application please..
* Two downloads authorized per day.
* 15 Downloads maximum, including three packs (software or PDF documents).

:405:

automotiveacces
Marin 1er Classe.
Marin 1er Classe.
Algeria

Re: Installation caméra de recul sur Hyundai Creta - Tutoriel en anglais

Message par automotiveacces » lun. 13 janv. 2020 15:27

Bonjour tout le monde

Du nouveau sur le montage de Camera de recul sur la Creta facelift 2019 ??

ça marche pas comme sur celles d'avant (2017/2018) !!

Merci l'equipe

Répondre

255 derniers membres ayant consulté ce sujet

Avatar du membre abilo1er, Avatar du membre niama idar, Avatar du membre micanauto, Avatar du membre Dallas6, Avatar du membre Nacer miliana, Avatar du membre abubaker, Avatar du membre Adelfloyd, Avatar du membre youcef31i, Avatar du membre DiagEVO, Avatar du membre mohham, Avatar du membre mario007, Avatar du membre elhajemostefa, Avatar du membre aggag brahim, Avatar du membre mezaache65, Avatar du membre speedslimane, Avatar du membre MBENSEGHIER, Avatar du membre azedine21, Avatar du membre MikahC4, Avatar du membre nikmiw, Avatar du membre monaha, Avatar du membre emade19, Avatar du membre Quatre huite, Avatar du membre RIvag, Avatar du membre figo74, Avatar du membre Kazix, Avatar du membre fayçal, Avatar du membre rgmaster3, Avatar du membre automotiveacces, Avatar du membre snebeg, Avatar du membre Walid15, Avatar du membre tixace, Avatar du membre nsscar, Avatar du membre Lemak, Avatar du membre wahabmag, Avatar du membre sofidj, Avatar du membre Imedski, Avatar du membre riad3131, Avatar du membre damon13, Avatar du membre ahcene, Avatar du membre Abed_hn, Avatar du membre seanwolf, Avatar du membre benchaabane mohamed, Avatar du membre ikbal, Avatar du membre Mizoujob, Avatar du membre licorne2, Avatar du membre ken2010, Avatar du membre mabrouk57, Avatar du membre Merkouche, Avatar du membre Mohammedslr, Avatar du membre mosta2700, Avatar du membre speeding, Avatar du membre lollol, Avatar du membre aboudi21, Avatar du membre lionheart_tf, Avatar du membre fAaycal, Avatar du membre amirwassim, Avatar du membre khellaf, Avatar du membre mansour27, Avatar du membre ramhou, Avatar du membre Dado356, Avatar du membre amiben, Avatar du membre amiga-666, Avatar du membre sialsalem, Avatar du membre palmit, Avatar du membre rafsch, Avatar du membre MOUHAMED, Avatar du membre moumen, Avatar du membre Mus382, Avatar du membre Kamel6002, Avatar du membre rachid23, Avatar du membre panoptes, Avatar du membre elzaim, Avatar du membre samsbib, Avatar du membre AHMED.ANNABA, Avatar du membre Selma riyad, Avatar du membre zahir05, Avatar du membre noos84, Avatar du membre DKanes, Avatar du membre aidi, Avatar du membre sido_cool, Avatar du membre aliatlas, Avatar du membre msabdelhafid, Avatar du membre gigadiag23, Avatar du membre faridazeggagh, Avatar du membre Amourty, Avatar du membre medianav, Avatar du membre dede3146, Avatar du membre fetouhsat, Avatar du membre hamzaauto, Avatar du membre ammar, Avatar du membre messaoudi9101984, Avatar du membre samhitinfo, Avatar du membre rafik40, Avatar du membre said lion, Avatar du membre gustave7110

Retourner vers « Hyundai - Daewoo - Kia - SsangYong / Diag & Documentations »